Mar 22, 2022
Do you have kids or are you thinking of having kids? Want to
know how you can help your children avoid the student loan mess
you’ve had to deal with? Join me and Mary Morris, CEO of
Virginia529, as we talk about the benefits of a 529 plan and how to
set up a tax advantage education savings plan for your children,
even if they don’t exist yet.
In today’s episode, you'll find out:
- What is a 529 plan and how does it work? What can I use a 529
- How to choose a 529 plan: Cost, investment options, tax
advantages, tax deductions, and more.
- Can I use a 529 plan from a different state?
- How to use a 529 plan to start a college savings fund for a
child who isn’t born yet.
- Can I change the name and the beneficiaries on my 529 plan?
How can my friends and family contribute to my 529 account?
- Tips for reducing and paying off large student loan debts (529
matches can be a game changer!)
- Why tax season and holidays are great times to start growing a
- Limitations and restrictions of a 529 plan.
- Is a prepaid 529 plan worth it?
- How much monthly savings is realistic for saving for
- Stay tuned to SLP to hear from more amazing guests!
Like the show? There are several ways you can
Feeling helpless when it comes to your student